Friday, January 3, 2014

13 in 2013 Review

Well here it is. We made it through another year without blowing the planet up - here's to another! Happy 2014 to all, and here is to it being the best year yet!
At the beginning of 2013, I decided to make a post called '13 in 2013', where I created 13 goals/resolutions for the year. If you would like to see the original post, click HERE. Also, click HERE if you're interested in seeing my halfway point.
Now, it is time to see how I did....... (drumroll please)


  1. Start a journal - Technically I did fulfill this goal because I STARTED a journal. Too bad I never kept up with it. I really think writing is such a great way of staying creative, but I just cannot stick with it.
  2. Get back in shape - This starting happening during the summer when I was going to yoga fairly regularly, but then I moved to Boston, got a job, and ignored exercising. I definitely need to continue working towards this. 
  3. Eat less processed foods - I would say I was definitely successful with this one. It is okay to sometimes indulge (which I have been doing lately with hot chocolate with Nesquik and Smucker's 'Marshmallow' Creme), but the majority of your foods should be less processed.
  4. Read more for pleasure - I started up on this goal after I graduated college in May, and I have read about twenty books since then...I would like to read more this year, though!
  5. Take more outfit pics - Fail! I didn't do this at all. In fact, I almost certainly took LESS outfit pictures this past year than before. Once I clean my room up, I hope to start this up again.
  6. Try out more hairstyles - Another fail, but this one I don't mind so much. I really just enjoy wearing my hair down. It is fun to do something different every once in a while, but I just like to do my own thing when it comes to my hair (okay, let's be honest - my hair controls me; I do not control my hair).
  7. Get another piercing - Done! I got my helix pierced in May when I went to Cape Cod with all of the seniors for a week before graduation.
  8. Start an online shop - I did it! I started a Storenvy to sell my gently used clothes, but I have only made one sale since them. Feel free to check it out: http://wildflowerchild.storenvy.com
  9. Get my degree - Done! I graduated in May with my BA in environmental studies and a minor in dance.
  10. Clean my room at my parents' house - This was mostly done. The room was cleared out well enough that it has been turned into my mom's office, but there are still some drawers and the closet that are filled with stuff.
  11. Be a better girlfriend - I am no longer dating the person that this was intended to be towards, but I would say it was successful with him, and I am doing well so far with the person I just started dating. :)
  12. Be more positive - I definitely had my ups and downs this year (especially during my first job), but I think I am on the road to a happier, more positive life.
  13. Be happier - see above

So there it is! Look out for a 14 in 2014 post on either Sunday or Monday.

3 comments:

  1. Great post! It's nice to see that you accomplished some of your goals!

    http://relocatewonderland.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome goals. c:
    I need to definitely do a various amount of these as well, haha.
    That's pretty nifty you want to get a degree in dance!!

    <3
    Harlynn
    www.mindyourmadness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic