I figured that now would be a good time to review the goals I set in January, my 13 in 2013, since I don't even remember what half of them were. Here goes nothing.
- Start a journal - Well, I started a journal back in January, but I haven't written in it since probably February. Once I find it (most of my items from school are still in bins), I would like to start writing more!
- Get back in shape - I have been making a little bit of progress on this, especially in the past few weeks, but I want to try harder. I especially want to bike more.
- Eat less processed foods - I would say that I am doing well with this one, but again, there is definitely room for more improvement. I'm looking forward to doing more cooking now that I have access to a full kitchen again.
- Read more for pleasure - I really struggled with this one when school was in session, but now that it is out, I have been reading so much! Would you like it if I do occasional book reviews on the blog?
- Take more outfit pictures - What a complete and utter fail! I don't think I've taken an outfit picture since February (maybe even January). This is something I really, really want to add back to the blog! I just need to find somewhere to take pictures.
- Try out more hairstyles - I have one or two new hairstyles added to my mix, but this would be cool to work on more (although it's not a priority. I also could use a haircut.).
- Get another piercing - DONE! I got my helix pierced a few weeks ago! (check out the picture below)
- Start an online shop - This is still in the works. I don't think I will be opening an etsy, but I plan to at least sell some of my old clothes to make some cash.
- Get my degree - DONE! I graduated two weeks ago, to the date.
- Clean my room at my parents' house - Currently, my room is even more of a mess than it was at the beginning of the year (since I just moved back in, temporarily), but I'm planning on cleaning it all out (I need to put more work towards this, though).
- 12. 13. Be a better girlfriend, be more positive, be happier - I put the last three together because I have pretty much the same response to all of them: I would say that I am doing quite well with these! My long-distance relationship is definitely a challenge, but we are still trucking along. I have also started using the Happier app (I highly recommend), which asks me each evening to record 3 things that made me happy each day. This allows me to stay positive and happier. I also listen to a lot of podcasts and read "self-help" books. I would say I am on the right track to all three of these goals!
|my new helix piercing (done about 2 weeks ago)|