I am celebrating the day in quite a few ways! (1) I made vegan french toast for breakfast, (2) I am doing my first photo an hour day today, and (3) I am going out to take photos with my best friend.
I hope everyone finds some time today to celebrate, especially outside.
I had not yet come up with a plan for what I wanted to do for my blog's first birthday (which is technically tomorrow, but I figured the solstice is a more fun birthday, especially since my actual birthday is on the equinox). It is safe to say that I have yet to get a hold on this whole preparing posts in advance thing, which is interesting because I generally can be classified as having a type A personality.
Anyway, I decided that for today I would come up with some goals I have for my blog within the next year. So here goes nothing!
- Take more outfit pictures - This one is self-explanatory. I don't take nearly as many outfit pictures as I would like, so much so that I am repeating a goal that I put on my 2013 goals.
- Start blogging about going green - The environment is one of my greatest passions in life, and I want to share that passion with my followers in hope to help everyone make more environmentally conscious decisions.
- Sell/get rid of my old clothes - This one I have already started by creating a Storenvy shop to sell my gently worn clothing in (check it out: http://wildflowerchild.storenvy.com/), but I would like to actually see these clothes gone. I am trying to simplify my life.
- Get to know other bloggers better - I haven't really collaborated with other bloggers in the past, but I would like to change this. I'm always looking to make more friends.
- Communicate more with my followers - I rarely reply to comments (it always slips my mind), but I really want to get into the habit of doing this more frequently! Also, I want to get to know you all better because I think you all rock!
- Blog more about my life - Also self-explanatory. I enjoy doing wishlists and whatnot, but I also want to include more about things going on in the world around me.
- Host more giveaways - Everyone loves giveaways - they are the perfect way for me to give back to my deeply adored followers.
I hope you enjoyed my list - now go outside and enjoy your solstice! (And don't forget the supermoon on Sunday)