Monday, January 6, 2014

14 in 2014: My Goals for the New Year






  1. Write more blog posts - And by this I mean actually write. I feel like half the time I put up a post it's just "here look at these pretty pictures now". I want to get to know my readers, and I want you all to feel like you know me, as well.
  2. Do more yoga - I started doing yoga at least once a week over the summer, but I became too busy with work once I moved to Boston. I would like to find a studio that suits me and my needs (I do not like doing yoga in a heated room) and go regularly.
  3. Get back into dancing - I grew up dancing, and by high school I was attending classes/rehearsals almost every day of the week. I continued dancing through college, but not nearly as much. Now that I have graduated college, I want to keep dancing because it is such a passion of mine.
  4. Land a job that I enjoy - As many of my readers know, I received a job offer right after graduation, but I stopped working there around Thanksgiving. Needless to say, I was miserable there. I am currently working all sorts of temp jobs, throwing in a few days here and there to make ends meet. I really want to get a job, in my field, that I actually like!
  5. Move into a new apartment - I moved to Boston in July, and while I love living here, I don't necessarily love my apartment. There is no living room, no dishwasher, a kitchen that is hard to work in, and my room gets virtually no light. Granted I know all of these things are expensive to find in this city, but I would love to see if I can find something that better suits my needs (I do live in a great area, though).
  6. Cook more - I really love to cook, but as I mentioned in number five, my kitchen is very small and hard to work in. I still want to make an effort to be able to cook more often, though, because I feel like I do not incorporate enough veggies into my diet. I have so many cookbooks and so many recipes that I would like to try, so this shouldn't be hard as long as I set my mind to it.
  7. Read 50 books - this one is pretty self-explanatory. I love reading, so why not set a goal for myself. You can follow me on GoodReads (mlynn021) to check my progress.
  8. Get rid of all my extra clothes - I currently have three large boxes of clothes I do not want that take up way too much room in apartment. I have posted a lot of them on my Storenvy (see the Shop My Closet tab), but they are not selling that fast. There is a Buffalo Exchange right down the street from me, so I plan on selling more clothes there and donating what I have that is super out of style.
  9. Spend more time outside - I really love enjoying the outdoors, but I wasn't able to enjoy the many beautiful green spaces that Boston has to offer. I have every intention to make this happen this year (once the constant blizzards stop).
  10. Get on a regular sleep schedule - Maintaining a regular sleep cycle is so critical for overall health, and currently my sleep is all over the place. I really want to start going to bed earlier and waking up earlier, so I can wait up refreshed and get more done.
  11. Become more organized - this is pretty much just a blanket goal. I have yet to determine exactly how I would like to become more organized (except in everything!), only that I would like to do it.
  12. Find an outlet for playing clarinet - Similar to dance, I have been playing clarinet for a very long time. I was the solo/principle clarinetist in my college's band and orchestra, and I would like to find a way to continue playing.
  13. Bike all over Boston - I just need to find a bike that I can carry up the stairs, and then I will begin my journey! There are definitely parts of the city that I have yet to explore and would love to see on bike.
  14. Appreciate the little things - This is just another way of rephrasing last year's goal of being more positive and being happier. Enjoying the little things certainly is a good way to achieve those two goals!

What do you think? Do you have any similar goals or other goals to share?

6 comments:

  1. I definitely need to do more yoga and get back into dancing too!!
    Especially dancing, as I grew up doing it weekly too. c:

    <3
    Harlynn
    www.mindyourmadness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all great goals! Read 50 books though? I'm just aiming to read more than 1 per month this year! You can see what's on my reading list here:
    http://www.melindadiorio.com/2014/01/2014-reading-list.html
    and what my goals for 2014 are here:
    http://www.melindadiorio.com/2014/01/2014-year-to-make-it-happen.html

    Good luck with all your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree I need to start writing more blog post and I've recently started doing Pilates that I've been loving! Great list of goals for this new year, good luck!

    xo, Delightful Sunflower

    ReplyDelete
  4. great goals, wish you the best luck with them and happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo, this is a great list of goals. Good luck on all of them! I am also trying to establish a more regular sleep schedule. -Steph, hometown unicorn

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried adding you to goodreads but for some reason couldn't find you. Here is my profile: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/4507997-kelly-rae

    ReplyDelete

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic