Friday, June 6, 2014

14 in 2014: Halfway Check-In

As some of my readers may remember, I set 14 goals for myself to strive towards in the year 2014. Since we are halfway through the year 2014 (wtf, already!?), I decided to revisit my goals and see how I have been doing.




  1. Write more blog posts - Well this one clearly hasn't been going too well since I seem to be taking hiatus after hiatus. With that being said, when I do post it has been more original content than usual. I'm still working on getting back into the groove of things.
  2. Do more yoga - Yes! This one I have actually been doing, and it feels so great!
  3. Get back into dancing - This I haven't done. While I am excited to be moving my body more through yoga, I would also like to start taking some dance classes again. I'm hoping that I can find a local studio where I can either teach or volunteer in exchange for classes.
  4. Land a job that I enjoy - Ehhh, not so much. I landed a great job with a terrific organization, but I am not happy working in an office 40 hours a week. I'm not sure what I'm up to next, but I know I want to get out of here soon.
  5. Move into a new apartment - My lease is up at the end of this month. Do I know where I will be living yet? Of course not, but I will be moving for certain.
  6. Cook more - I haven't really been cooking more, but I have been going on a smoothie binge lately. That counts for something, right?
  7. Read 50 books - I have been doing very well with this one. I post book reviews after every 5 books I read towards this goal. I have finished 20 books so far. According to GoodReads, I am only 1 book behind schedule. As always, you can follow what I'm reading on GoodReads (goodreads.com/wildflowerchild)
  8. Get rid of all my extra clothes - This has been a work in progress. I have managed to get my unwanted clothes down from 3 boxes to one, but I want to get rid of all of them and also purge my closet. I just have too many clothes. Since I am moving, Shop My Closet is temporarily down, but it will be back up once I get settled in.
  9. Spend more time outside - I've been working towards this one. Whenever it is nice outside, I try to go spend my lunch break reading in the park. It feels so great to be outside as much as I can.
  10. Get on a regular sleep schedule - I have been getting up before 9am almost every single day (most days around 8) for several months now. Although I generally stay up late on weekends, I feel that getting up at the same time most mornings has helped a lot.
  11. Become more organized - This one definitely hasn't happened. Here's to hoping that I can make it happen in my new place.
  12. Find an outlet for playing clarinet - This also hasn't happened yet. I need to find more time in the day before I pursue this, although I do miss playing my clarinet.
  13. Bike all over Boston - I finally got a new bike for my birthday, but I had absolutely no idea how much more difficult it is to ride a single speed bike. I'm working on this one.
  14. Appreciate all the little things - This is also a work in progress. I'm pretty sure this is one of those lifetime-in-progress goals.

No comments:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic