I made this vegan pumpkin pie just for the occasion. It was so delicious! I haven't had a pumpkin pie in about two years, even though it is one of my favorite holiday treats. The recipe is from Vegan Spoonful.
- 1 unbaked pie crust (I used Marie Callender's)
- 1 15-oz can of plain pumpkin puree
- 1 cup plain nondairy milk (I used soy)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine pumpkin, non-dairy milk, sugar, cornstarch, salt, and spices in a large bowl, and mix very well with an electric mixer.
- Pour into unbaked pastry shell, and bake for about 60 minutes. The pie will still be jiggly when you take it out of the oven, but it will firm up as it cools. Cool completely on a cooling rack, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for several hours or overnight before serving. Serve chilled and top with vegan whipped topping if desired. Enjoy!
|clearly, cutting pie isn't something I'm very good at....|